Mr. Shane Green
Girls Volleyball ScheduleAll teams are 5/6 and 7/8 except as indicated. 5th/6th will play first if there are 2 games scheduled.
10/4 - 5th/6th only Hitch at Hibbard 4:30 - 3244 W Ainslie St, Chicago, IL 60625
10/6 - Disney II at Hitch 4:30 & 5:15
10/11 - Hitch at Smyser 4:30 & 5:15 - 4310 N Melvina Ave, Chicago, IL 60634
10/13 - Hitch at Peterson 4:30 & 5:15 - 5510 N Christiana Ave, Chicago, IL 60625
10/18 - Bridge at Hitch 4:30 & 5:15
10/20 - 5th/6th only Hibbard at Hitch 4:30
10/21 - Hitch at Disney II 4:30 & 5:15 - 3815 N Kedvale Ave, Chicago, IL 60641
10/25 - Smyser at Hitch 4:30 & 5:15
10/27 - Peterson at Hitch 4:30 & 5:15
11/1 - Hitch at Bridge 4:30 & 5:15 - 3800 N New England Ave, Chicago, IL 60634
Top 2 teams in each conference will advance to the playoffs on November 3.
11/3 - 1st round
11/7 - 2nd round
Boys Volleyball Schedule
10/3 - Edgebrook at Hitch 4:30
10/5 - Wildwood at Hitch 4:30
10/12 - Hitch at Ebinger 4:30 - 7350 W Pratt Ave, Chicago, IL 60631
10/17 - Hitch at Edgebrook 4:30 - 6525 N Hiawatha Ave, Chicago, IL 60646
10/24 -Hitch at Wildwood 4:30 - 6950 N Hiawatha Ave, Chicago, IL 60646
10/26 - Ebinger at Hitch 4:30
Top 2 teams in each conference will advance to the playoffs starting on November 3!
5th/6th - 11/3 semi’s
11/7 - 5th/6th Network 1 Championship
7th/8th - 11/3 first round
11/7 - semi’s
11/8 - network championship
7th/8th Network 1 Championship winner will represent Network 1 at the City Championship Series.
11/10-Network 1 Championship
Beginning of the year PE survey:
Click here for the survey!
Physical Education Syllabus
Physical education is a sequential education program that concentrates on developing and maintaining each student’s overall fitness and provides students with the knowledge, skills, abilities, and attitudes to lead a healthy lifestyle.
These courses will include the following objectives:
1. Optimal skill development in each activity
2. Develop and maintain physical fitness
3. Increase knowledge in the value of physical fitness, the effects of exercise on the body and the rules and strategy of each activity.
Hitch Grading Scale:
- K-4 Students are graded on 100% participation. Participation includes:
Attendance- Is the student in school and in the class?
Prepared- Is the student following the dress code?
Cooperation/Attitude- is the student being safe for physical education by following the rules?
Effort- is the students participating in warm ups, the activities, and the cool downs
- 5-8 Students are graded on 80% participation and 20% skill development.
There will be two students skill evaluations per unit.
See above for the 80% participation points
- All grades are based on 100 points per quarter, and 5 points per day.
- Students must wear gym shoes.
- Students may not wear loose or dangling jewelry.
- Students may wear Hitch shorts, sweats, t-shirts, and hoodies at appropriate points in the year.
- Students need to think about appropriate clothing daily.
- Use Common Sense
- Safety First - The safety of all students comes first. If you are about to do something that you feel is not safe, do not do it.
- Gym shoes must be worn for PE.
- Follow classroom instructions and procedures.
- No food, drink, gum, or candy in the gym.
- Be respectful to others.
- Nobody is allowed to enter the PE office without permission from the teacher.
- Good manners
- Self control
- Positive attitude
- Follow directions
- Follow rules
- Follow procedures - entrance/exit/emergency
- Think for yourself
- Help others
- Be prepared
- School/class/team spirit
K-4th Year Sequence:
Unit 1 Movement
Unit 2 Game Play
Unit 3 Hand/Foot-Eye Coordination
Unit 4 Scooter Play
Unit 5 Gymnastics/Tumbling
Unit 6 Manipulation/Visual Tracking
5th-8th Year Sequence:
Unit 1 Ultimate
Unit 2 Rugby
Unit 3 Basketball
Unit 4 Floor Hockey
Unit 5 Fitness
Unit 6 Volleyball
Unit 7 Softball
Unit 8 Olympics and Fitness Testing
Unit 9 Speedball
Are you looking for motivation today?
Mr. Green playing bubble soccer!
Physical Education & Health Teacher
Physical Education & Health Teacher